It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
But with mocktails, you don't have to worry about what time it is. They're refreshing, colorful, easy to make and perfect for every mama at anytime. Heck, they're flavorful fun for anyone!
Mocktails have actually been around since the earliest days of cocktails. In one of the first cocktail recipe books, they were referred to as 'Temperance drinks'. It wasn't until 1916 they got the name 'mocktail'. Now they're a sought after refreshment with hundreds of recipes!
These drinks are simple and great for moms when they're pregnant and avoiding alcohol; they're wonderful for adding color and style to any themed party; and they're awesome for kids too!
So basically, mocktails are THE perfect drink.
Here are a couple easy-to-make-at-home mocktail recipes you'll be stirring up constantly!
Recipe #1: On Island Time
- 4 shots pineapple juice
- 6 shots ginger ale
- 4 shots coconut water
- Maraschino cherries (for garnish)
- Pineapple (for garnish)
- Grab a couple of glasses and add your desired amount of ice.
- In a pitcher, mix 4 shots of pineapple juice, 6 shots of ginger ale and 4 shots of coconut water with 2 splashes of grenadine.
- Pour into your cups.
- Garnish your drinks with a cherry and pineapple kabob.
Recipe #2: Virgin Watermelon Mint Margarita
- 1 medium seedless watermelon, chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons agave nectar
- Sparkling water
- Mint (for garnish)
- Cube your chilled watermelon, then use a blender to purée it to make 4 cups of watermelon purée.
- Add 1/2 cup of lime juice and 4 teaspoons of agave nectar and pour into 4 chilled margarita glasses (rimmed with sugar if desired).
- Top each glass with sparkling water.
- Add a sprig of mint and a piece of watermelon to garnish.
Enjoy your mocktails in one of DEMDACO's stemless wine glasses or rocks glasses.
Farmer's Almanac. "5 Mocktail Recipes." https://www.farmersalmanac.com/mocktail-recipes. 8 May 2023.