Happy fall, y'all!
It's safe to say: we at DEMDACO are all about the cozy comfort that is autumn. Everything from mega throw blankets to apple picking to pumpkin patch adventures with our favorite people — we're here for it!
When the weather starts to get cooler, there's something extra inviting about spending time in a warm, seasonally-scented kitchen, and for this installment of Dishes With DEMDACO, you're in for a real fall treat! Here are two fall recipes we have on a weekly rotation during this snuggly season.
Recipe #1: Spiced Apple Cider
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 3 lemon slices (1/2 lemon)
- 3 orange slices (1/2 orange)
- 4 apple slices (1/2 apple)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 5 star anise pieces (up to 6)
- In a 5 quart crock pot on low heat, add the apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon slices, orange slices, apple slices, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and star anise.
- Allow the punch to warm for 3-4 hours. Serve warm. Ladle into serving glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel if desired.
- Or you can serve chilled by removing the fruit slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves and star anise pieces after it’s cooked and storing the punch in the fridge overnight.
Note: you can add water to the punch if it's too sweet for your taste.
You know we have the perfect, meaningful, handcrafted mugs to serve this special fall drink in!
Recipe #2: Amanda's Maple Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup quick-cooking or regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Grease 12 2-1/2 inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats and milk; let stand for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- Stir in maple syrup, butter and egg into oats mixture. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold half of the pecans into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3's full. Sprinkle remaining nuts.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-18 minutes or until tops are golden and a wooden toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove muffin cups; serve warm.
Special thanks to Amanda from @myfirst_farmhouse for sharing this delicious recipe with us!
Amanda loves serving her warm fall treats in our Ceramic Bread Basket!
Grandbaby Cakes. "Spiced Apple Cider." https://grandbaby-cakes.com/spiced-apple-cider/. 13 Sept. 2022.
Amanda, My First Farmhouse. "Maple Oatmeal Muffins." https://www.instagram.com/p/CULv1D0p-FZ/. 21. Oct. 2021.