The DetailsThe Artist
- The Sharon Nowlan Collection takes natural materials such as pebbles, driftwood, shells, twigs and sea glass to convey warm emotions. Her work tells unique stories with creative depictions of family and friendships. DEMDACO is proud to work with Sharon Nowlan on these fine reproductions. Each piece is meticulously handmade by skilled artisans.
- These New Sea Glass creations are the latest addition to Sharon Nowlan's detailed and natural collection of meaningful, unique artwork. The bluish glass accents expand the palette of Nowlan's work with soft touches of sea colors to enliven any home's décor. Great as a gift to express your feelings for a friend or loved one.
- "A Place to Call Home" conveys a deep emotional attachment we feel for the special places that make us feel like we belong. The simple house in this piece sits securely under a strong, sheltering tree, depicting the sense of safety in these familiar environments. A perfect housewarming gift, or piece of art to warm any family space.
- DEMDACO A Place to Call Home Wall Art from the Sharon Nowlan Collection
- Made from Pine Wood, Paper, Glass, Plastic, 6" sq., Keyhole hanger and easel backer.
Sharon Nowlan grew up drawing, painting, and creating in a broad range of media inspired by the natural beauty of Nova Scotia. But it wasn’t until she became a mother that the expansive seascape and landscape were brought into tighter focus. It start ed with a trip to the beach with her three-year old son. After gathering a pocket full of small, sea-washed pebbles, she artfully arranged them to create a small tableau depicting a grandmother and child. The notion that a clutch of small, cold stone s could convey such warm emotions struck a chord with Sharon. Over the years, Sharon’s designs have evolved to include other natural objects including shells, twigs, driftwood and bits of sea glass...but it all began with a handful of pebbles.