The DetailsThe Artist
- A touch of nostalgia and a knack for humor turn this mug into a playful piece for anyone with a hint of adventure in their heart.
- Artist and ceramics professor, Steve Hansen, blends his visual storytelling talents with his appreciation for social commentary and the humorous side of life to creat this delightful mug.
- Help her kick start her day with a sip of coffee from this mug featuring sentiment: Nobody’s going to call me a Softie!, Snap out of it Sue, there’re planes to be built.
- Sentiment on mug "Nobody's going to call me a Softie! /Snap out of it Sue, there're planes to be built". DEMDACO Iron in the Fire No Softie Mug by Iron in the Fire Collection
- Stoneware. Measures 3.75 inches H x 5.5 inches W
Steve Hansen grew up in the Midwest among the barns and fields, and decaying cars, where his ancestors were farmers, blacksmiths and mechanics. These work-with-the-hands roots influenced his artistry in ceramics and sculpture, where he likes to give nod to his origins witha nuance of humor. A professor of art, Steve has exhibited in galleries across the country and has works featured in several permanent collections. He concentrates his efforts these days on creating work in the tradition of tro mpe l’oeil ceramics, with an emphasis on social commentary and Americana.