The DetailsThe Artist
- A touch of nostalgia and a knack for humor turn these coasters into a playful piece for anyone with a hint of adventure in their heart. Pair with coordinating mug.
- Artist and ceramics professor, Steve Hansen, blends his visual storytelling talents with his appreciation for social commentary and the humorous side of life to creat these delightful coasters.
- For the camper, these coasters will make a great addition to a rustic home. Sentiment: Camp life in the wilderness
- DEMDACO Iron in the Fire Camp Life Coaster by Iron in the Fire Collection
- Comes in acetate box. Set of 4. Absorbent Ceramic & Cork, Each is 4 Inches Square
Steve Hansen grew up in the Midwest among the barns and fields, and decaying cars, where his ancestors were farmers, blacksmiths and mechanics. These work-with-the-hands roots influenced his artistry in ceramics and sculpture, where he likes to give nod to his origins witha nuance of humor. A professor of art, Steve has exhibited in galleries across the country and has works featured in several permanent collections. He concentrates his efforts these days on creating work in the tradition of tro mpe l’oeil ceramics, with an emphasis on social commentary and Americana.